A few months ago we received not one, not two, but three emails from new doulas who were looking for mentorship as they stepped into their new roles serving local families. We love supporting both new and seasoned birth workers in our community with our quarterly Doula Peer Reviews and our local Blue Ridge Birthworkers Facebook page, so now it’s time to take it one step further. We’ve been supporting families as they walk their journey to parenthood since 2011, and it only seemed logical to help support our local doulas on their journeys, too.
Today we are excited to announce our new Mentorship program. Each of our students will join Two Rivers for six months of hands-on learning with:
- An invitation to join us for two prenatal visits
- An invitation to join us for two births
- An invitation to join us for two postpartum visits
- A silent seat in one of our comprehensive birth and breastfeeding classes
- Support through our student’s own first solo birth or postpartum work
- 6 monthly round-table workshops on the core elements of doula work
- An invitation to our quarterly Doula Peer Reviews
- A private Facebook group just for our students
- Mentorship for up to a year
- Tuition is $800, with scholarships available for doulas who partner with The Frederick Doula Project
This program starts after a new doula has finished their training and fills in the gaps in practical knowledge. Our students come away from mentorships with several, if not all, of their certification requirements completed.
Our first session starts July 1, 2018
Click HERE for more information
Photo credit: Bergen Howlett Photography